Friday, July 17, 2015

Welcome to First Grade!

Dear New First Grade Friends and Parents,

I just got my class list for 2015-2016, and I am beyond excited.  I absolutely can not WAIT to see each of your faces at Meet the Teacher night on August 6th!  I hope you have had a wonderful summer, and that you are excited about first grade--because it's going to be such an adventure!

Our classroom is one that is full of singing, dancing, cheering, exploring...and reading, lots and LOTS of reading--and I promise--I have some of the absolute BEST books in the entire world in my classroom.  Some are silly and some are serious, and some have wondrous pictures. Also,  I love to do silly voices when I read.  You can laugh at me if you want to--because sometimes I even laugh at myself!  HA!

I wonder if you like science?  The first day of school, I am going to show you one of my absolute favorite science experiments--my class last year went CRAZY for it, so I knew I just had to do it again for you sweet people!

What fun it is going to be getting to know all about you, making new friends, and learning together this year!

Enjoy the last few weeks of summer.  I'll see you very soon, first graders.

Love,
Mrs. Cooley



No comments:

Post a Comment